Children’s Pastor / Children’s Minister
FULL-TIME (good, competitive salary with some benefits)
Send Resume To Pastor At: email@example.com
First Baptist Church Madisonville is a friendly Southern Baptist Church located in Monroe County, TN. With an average attendance on Sunday Morning of 350 we are big enough to support many programs and events for each age group and still small enough to feel like family.
We are a rural church in the county seat and draw members and visitors from Madisonville and the surrounding towns of Tellico, Sweetwater and Vonore. Situated between Knoxville and Chattanooga, 15 miles from interstate 75, FBC Madisonville offers a small town family environment with engaging programing and activities for all ages.
Our purpose at FBC Madisonville is to Make Disciples Who Love God, Love People and Follow Jesus. We do that by helping people Connect to God and each other, Learn Jesus’ teachings and way of life, Worship Him corporately and privately, and Serve others by meeting their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
Our staff includes part-time ministers for Worship Pastor, Associate Pastor and Custodians and a full-time positions for Pastor, Administrative Assistant, Youth Pastor, Child Care Director and Children’s Pastor (currently vacant). This position is for a full-time Children’s Pastor who will create a comprehensive ministry strategy for the spiritual growth of children from birth through 6th grade.
Currently our on-going programs for children include Nursery, Sunday School, Kid Celebration (Sunday morning worship for children kindergarten-4th grade), AWANA’s (for 2 year olds through 4th grade), CrossOver (5th-6th grade) and Children’s Choirs.
We are also currently working on a major renovation of our children’s space. This is a $280,000 project to completely update and theme 5,000 square feet on our third floor for children kindergarten through sixth grade. This is an exciting time for our Children’s Ministry and our church! Thank you for prayerfully considering God’s call to First Baptist Church Madisonville. We look forward to meeting you.
Church Website: fbcmadisonville.org
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintain Personal Spiritual Walk:
- Provide church members and community with an example of authentic discipleship.
- Maintain a consistent program of self-improvement.
- Maintain personal purity.
Oversee The Administrative Needs Of The Children’s Ministry:
- Plan and prepare all Events, Programs and Activities for Children and families at FBC.
- Maintain and manage children’s ministry Budget.
- Maintain regular Communication with parents of children about all aspects of children’s ministry (webpage, Newsletter, emails, texts, letters, phone calls, brochures).
- Recruit, Equip and Schedule all Leadership for Children’s Programs and Activities.
- Oversee Fundraisers to financially support children’s ministry trips and events.
- Maintain a Safe Environment for all children on campus. (Including facilities, registration, sign in for children and background checks for all leaders and volunteers.)
Develop Relationships With Children And Parents And Others In The Community:
- Build relationships and connect with children and families in our congregation and reach out to visitors and others in in the community.
- Build relationships with the local schools and other groups in our community.
- Provide support and care to children and their families during difficult times (may include counseling sessions with children and or parents, and hospital visits, etc.).
- Recognize or attend special events (games, recitals, school and community events).
Oversee The Spiritual Development Of Children:
- Prepare and Deliver Weekly Children’s Message during Sunday morning Worship.
- Oversee all On-going Programs of the Children’s Ministry Including: AWANA, Crossover, Children’s Worship, Nursery, Sunday School and Children’s Choirs etc.
- Research and Choose age appropriate Curriculum for pre-school through 6th grade.
- Plan and Organize Trips and Special Programs and Events such as Summer Camp, Fall Fling, Easter Egg Hunt, Vacation Bible School and Upward Sports (Including budgeting, reservations, registration, transportation, food, supplies and volunteers, etc.).
- Oversee Discipline and Safety of children while on church campus.
- Pray for the children’s ministry and the children and parents involved.
Support The Overall Purpose And Work Of The Church:
- Work with church staff to carry out the programs and mission of the church.
- Assist the pastor in services, office work and visitation when appropriate.
- Assist church staff during office hours with phone calls, walk-ins, etc.
- Helping assigned church members with welcome desk hospitality for guests.
- Other duties as assigned by the pastor.